Join Team BCOC
BCOC changes peoples' lives - and is a great place to work!
Self-Sufficiency Coach- Full Time
Bucks County Opportunity Council is seeking an experienced Self-Sufficiency Coach to partner with individuals in Bucks County who are seeking long-term economic stability services through BCOC’s Economic Self-Sufficiency Program. Individualized, community-based case management and coaching services will be provided to eligible participants in the office and in the home. The Self-Sufficiency Coach is expected to participate in community outreach events regularly to recruit participants and educate the community on available BCOC services.
The Self Sufficiency Coach is a hybrid remote position and is based out of Quakertown, PA. Join Bucks County Opportunity Council to reap the rewards of a passionate team, positive work culture, and generous benefits package.
• Provide focused, motivational, strengths-based case management services that include intake, assessment, goal planning and evaluation.
• Ensure basic needs of food and shelter are met by providing direct financial assistance and/or provide referrals to appropriate community resources.
• Partner with participants to establish short and long-term self-sufficiency goals and action steps.
• Establish effective, collaborative relationships with community agencies on behalf of participants.
• Assist with gaining and/or increasing income through social security, education/training, and employment.
• Assist with mediation and acquiring problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to resolve personal and family crisis situations.
• Maintain timely and quality documentation and file standards.
• Perform other duties as requested by senior management.
• Bachelors degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years case management experience.
• Computer proficiency.
• Outstanding communication skills, focused case management, crisis-resolution, relationship-building, and organization.
• Strong teamwork with ability to successfully multi-task and collaborate with others.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Development Coordinator- Full Time
Bucks County Opportunity Council is seeking a Development Coordinator to manage the administrative and grant-writing elements of the fundraising and development department. Duties pertain to individual and institutional donations, events, and grants. Additional responsibilities include tracking philanthropic requests, pledges, contributions and thank you letters. The Development Coordinator reports to the Development Director. The position is hybrid remote and based out of Doylestown, PA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain calendar of Development activities and fundraising events.
• Research, identify and draft funding proposals and grant reports.
• Manage and update BCOC donor database, data quality control, and report generation on individual and institutional donors.
• Prepare mailing materials both print and electronic (i.e. appeals, invitations, and newsletters).
• Compile reports on current or prospective donors.
• Support fundraising events and community outreach.
• Provide fundraising material for BCOC’s social media and website.
• Maintain fundraising-related instructions, policies, and procedures.
• Perform research to discover market trends and fundraising opportunities, as directed.
• Available for occasional evening meetings and weekend events.
• Adhere to professional code of ethics including maintaining donor and client confidentiality.
• Collaborate with the BCOC team to further BCOC’s mission, vision and values.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Minimum Associate’s degree or 3 years relevant development experience.
• Experience in fundraising and donor relations.
• Outstanding skills in verbal and written communication, customer service, time management, attention to detail and organization.
• Strong teamwork with ability to successfully multi-task and collaborate with others.
• Computer proficiency, including knowledge of Outlook with email, Word, Excel and database software. Experience with donor management systems (specifically Donor Perfect) a plus.
• Familiarity with Canva and Adobe Pro a plus.
Home Energy Inspector- Full-time
BucksBucks County Opportunity Council is seeking a Home Energy Inspector to perform services throughout Bucks County. The Home Energy Inspector will assess homes for potential weatherization services and emergency heating services through an inspection of the home and mechanical systems.
Are you mechanically oriented and organized? Do you have experience in construction, electrical work, HVAC, engineering, energy, BPI, or home inspections? If so, apply today and BCOC will train you in a valuable career that helps others. Be a part of a fabulous team at Bucks County Opportunity Council – rated among the top organizations for work culture and benefits package.
• Conduct health and safety inspections.
• Provide energy conservation education.
• Demonstrate knowledge of how to use blower door diagnostic equipment and modeling software to produce an energy report.
• Develop a prioritized scope of work. Prepare clear and accurate work orders for subcontractors to perform.
• Schedule does include occasional evenings and weekend hours.
•Mechanical/construction building knowledge preferred. HVAC experience strongly recommended.
• Willing to train the right candidate for required certifications. BPI Energy Auditor certification, or PA WAP Auditor certification.
• Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills are necessary.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. and work in confined spaces.
• Two-year college/ technical school, or proven experience.
• Valid PA driver’s license. Travel throughout the county in agency-provided vehicle.
Bucks County Opportunity Council is seeking a Food Program Operations Coordinator to support the Food Program Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Food Program. Primary responsibilities include maintaining receipt, inventory, distribution, and delivery of food for distribution as well as other general warehouse responsibilities. The Food Program Operations Coordinator is a team-oriented role that works collaboratively with other BCOC Food Programs.
This is a Full-Time position based out of Doylestown, PA. Join Bucks County Opportunity Council to make a difference in people’s lives, collaborate with a passionate team, and enjoy a generous benefits package.
Job Duties ~
- Establishes and maintains a preventive maintenance plan for warehouses, equipment, and vehicle fleet.
- Understands and implements all receiving, receipting, and distribution procedures and requirements of the United States and/or Pennsylvania Departments of Agriculture, BCOC, and any other.
- Assists food program with inventory of all products and analyzes shortages and gains.
- Oversees receipt of all incoming and outgoing products from the United States and/or Pennsylvania Departments of agriculture, local donors, food drives, and other food banks.
- Responsible for proper storage of food products in a safe and secure manner consistent with health regulations.
- Provides technical support for food drives and building relationships to increase product donated to BCOC.
- Assist in the delegation of product assignment, categorizing what product is allocated to which program.
- Assist with the delivery of food to participating pantries in our network.
- Ability to drive cargo van and box truck to pick up or deliver food.
- Willingness to obtain forklift certification upon start of employment.
- Regularly lifts and moves objects up to 50 pounds.
- Manually operate hand equipment to move up to 1,000 pounds.
- Support the Food Program Manager as needed.
- Bachelors degree; or 1 year related experience in warehouse operations and food distribution.
- Computer proficiency.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000 – $45,000.00 per year
Bucks County Opportunity Council seeks an experienced individual to partner w/ Children and Youth involved families affected by the opioid epidemic in Bucks County in a short-term housing and self-sufficiency program. The Pathways Case Manager is a full-time position based out of Bensalem, PA. Join Bucks County Opportunity Council to change lives, collaborate with a passionate team, and enjoy a generous benefits package.
- Provide coaching and support to families involved with Bucks County Children & Youth Services in a residential program.
- Help participants identify their individual strengths and resources through enhanced follow-up services.
- Assist with mediation and acquiring problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to resolve personal and family crisis situations.
- Provide housing location services including search, landlord negotiation, and financial assistance.
- Motivate participants to establish short and long-term self-sufficiency goals and action steps.
- Partner with participants to develop a long-term plan with a focus on increasing education and employment to achieve the long-term goal of economic self-sufficiency.
- Connect participants to community resources, assist them to enhance personal support system, identify and help participants build skills relating to budgeting, relationship building, conflict management, educational advancement, and job readiness.
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely case records.
- Case Manager will work 11am-7pm one day per week.
- Limited on call responsibilities.
- MSW or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working with people with substance use disorders.
- Minimum of 2 years case management experience.
- Outstanding communication skills, focused case management, crisis-resolution, relationship-building, and organization.
- Computer proficiency in databases and Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid PA Driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Full benefits package includes paid leave of 14 holidays, vacation, sick, and personal days, employer paid health insurance, life insurance, employer matched 403b plan, travel reimbursement and access to additional insurance such as AFLAC.
Salary range is $45,000 to $50,000 commensurate with experience. Ability for partial remote schedule.